This is my Easy and Quick Poha Recipe Hope You like it. ??
We all prefer a light and healthy breakfast, So What comes first in your mind?
Is it Poha?
If yes then Right, I also feel the same.
I feel that poha recipe is a very easy and quick recipe to prepare it anytime. Also, the taste looks tastier with the crispy peanuts.
Poha recipe is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe, made from white flattened rice, vegetables, and spices.
Everyone has their own taste, some people like onion poha and some likes Potato Poha.
Poha which 50% of people mostly eat every day because it is a very light and healthy breakfast. Also, It takes only a few minutes to make this is such an easy and yummy poha recipe for your breakfast. I prefer this in snack time with a cup of tea. This poha recipe is a combo of Maharashtrian and Indori poha.
There are many types of poha recipe and everyone has their own choices. For this recipe, I have used capsicum, tomatoes, beans, and some basic spices.
When you are traveling somewhere so, you should carry a box filled with poha then you enjoy homemade food in your traveling diaries.
Are you a poha recipe lover?
If YES Then Which types of poha are you like? Indori Poha or Maharastriyan Poha. I like both! Not even only like, Actually I love both!
Poha can be eaten not only in breakfast it is also eaten for snacks and also for a quick dinner. It can also keep in your kid’s tiffin box and your husband’s lunch box. You can also pack it for a picnic trip.
I love full of vegetable poha because it is so healthy and yummy. If your kids didn’t like to eat veggies then chopped the veggies and roast it with peanuts they will eat that easily.
Want a healthy and yummy salad recipe. “Cucumber Rajma Cups”
Tips for serving:
You can enjoy this with a cup of tea because we Indians love to eat this with chai.
Serve it with some coriander chutney and garnish with some chunky peanuts.
Love what you see? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee I’d love to see what you cook!
- 200 grams Poha / Flattened rice
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- 2-4 Green Chili (Cut From Bottom )
- 1 cup Onion (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum / Bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Beans (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes ( chopped )
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing / Asafetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Sev Bhujia for garnishing
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds for Garnishing
- Take poha in a bowl, add 1/2 cup of water mix it well, and set aside for 2-3 minutes. Now rinse the poha with cold water drain out excess water immediately and keep it aside.
- Take a kadhai or a pan and heat oil and shadow fry peanuts in the oil. now remove them and keep aside to add later.
- In the same oil add 1 tbsp chana dal and 1 tbsp urad dal saute them for 1-2 minutes add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies saute them for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes and cook it for 1-2 minutes then add capsicum, some chopped green chilies (optional), and beans to cook these vegetables cover up the pan for a few minutes till soft. Keep stirring that occasionally.
- Now add salt to taste and turmeric powder as well as red chili powder and some coriander powder and mix all together.
- Add soaked poha and mix it well after that add the roasted peanuts and mix all together.
- Turn off to low and mix all the ingredients. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add some chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything well and switch off the heat. And it's ready to serve.
- Serve it hot and garnish it with some pomegranate seeds and some coriander leaves. sprinkle some Bhujia Sev.
Enjoy the hot plate of vegetable poha with the authentic cup of Indian masala chai.