Hello People! Hope you all are doing great. Today I am sharing with you the recipe for onion bhaji.
Onion Bhaji is a traditional Maharashtrian snack. It is very popular street food in Maharashtra. Maharashtrian people called it Kanda bhaji.
Maharashtrian Kanda bhaji is one of my favorite snacks which I like with a piping hot cup of tea and green coriander chutney.
What is Onion bhaji?
Kanda Bhaji is made with onion along with green chilies and coriander leaves. Mixed with some basic spices and chickpea flour, rice flour.
Onion Bhaji is a quick snack time Recipe for snack lovers.
It is very easy to make it takes only 20-30 minutes. We can also call it Onion Pakoda or Pakodi and Kanda Bhaji.
Onion Pakoda is the best snack for breakfast and snack time. It is also known as Kanda Bhaji in Maharashtra.
Kanda Bhajiya is very crispy from the outside and soft from the inside. It is a very much liked snack in India.
You may also like our Indian Snack Recipes!
Best Combo with Tea!
Yeah, when you will eat this with a cup of tea you will love it. Because this combo is the best Combo. Many people only like to have it with tea.
When I use to go to my mama’s house, there I saw the street vendor who serves it with tea and chutney.
For this, you have to just sliced cut the onions, and mix them with some basic spices and some gram flour and rice flour. And then deep fry them.
Here is the easy recipe for Onion Pakoda.
- 4 Onion (cut in slices)
- 2 green chili (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tbsp Amchoor powder
- 1/2 cup Gram flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- Oil for Frying
- In a bowl add onion, green chili, coriander leaves, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, and mix all together.
- Add chickpea flour and rice flour and add some water as required and mix all together.
- Now heat some oil in a kadhai and pour some mixture one by one into the oil and deep fry them.
- Fry them until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove it on tissue paper.
- Onion bhaji is ready to serve, serve it hot with green coriander chutney and tomato ketchup and A cup of tea.
If you loved this recipe? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee_ I’d love to see what you cook!