Hello Everyone! I hope you all are doing well. Today I am here to share with you my favorite and colorful idli recipe.
This recipe is very close to my heart because it’s one of my favorites because it’s colorful and, it is easy to enjoy with sambhar, chutney, or anything.
What is idli?
Idli is the favorite breakfast of South Indian people, which they like to eat for breakfast. It is a south Indian dish served along with sambhar or coconut chutney.
Idli is actually made with lentils and rice.
For which the lentils and rice have to be soaked overnight and later they have to be ground together and keep for another night or 5-6 hours.
Today we are making Idlis from semolina.
Many people make idli with semolina. Semolina idli is very yummy and, it’s very easy to make in less time.. Because it does not take much time to make semolina idli, this is why people like to make idli with semolina more in today’s time.
To make semolina idli, you need semolina and curd for which semolina and curd have to be soaked together for at least 5 to 10 minutes and then steamed in an idli stand.
Make it colorful for kids!
This recipe is for kids who don’t want to eat food. They only want to eat junk foods, but junk food is not good for their health.
They can easily eat it because it’s so colorful and cute. You can make it in any shape which you like.
You can use any vegetable to make it. As you know, children do not like to eat vegetables. So you can add the paste of any vegetable that will become colorful and will be eaten easily.
You may also like Dalgona candy for kids! Check out the recipe hope you love it.
As you know, there are many types of food colors available in the market. which we can use to make idli or else you can use it by grinding vegetables. Seeing these small idlis, children will eat them easily.
Make it in any Shape!
Today I have used food color to make these idlis and I have put lots of vegetables inside it. I have made them in muffins cup today. So that the children feel that they are muffins and they can eat them easily.
You can also make it like dhokla and later cut it into any shape.
So, Recipe is here!
- 2 cup Rava/Suji
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup yogurt (curd)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion (optional)
- 2 Green chili (optional)
- 1 Capsicum (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- Water as required
- A Pinch Red Food Color
- A Pinch Pink Food Color
- A Pinch green Food Color
- A Pinch orange food color
- Take a large bowl and put some semolina or Rava and put some curd mix it and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Put chopped vegetables, salt to taste, required water, and add baking soda and mix it well. Consistency of mixture should not be so thick.
- Divide this mixture into small cups and put your favourite colours. You can also add grinded vegetables for this.
- Shift it to idli stand and steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the stand after cooling down and the colourful idlis are ready to serve.
If you don't have idli stand!
- Take a kadhai or a pan and add some water, put cooker stand inside the kadhai. Cover up for 5 minutes and cook it.
- Put the mixture to small steel cups and steam it for 15-20 minutes. Remove it after cool down and its ready to serve.
- Serve the colourful idlis, with sambhar, coconut chutney, and tomato ketchup.
If you loved this recipe? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee_ I’d love to see what you cook!