About Gobi Paratha?
Gobi paratha is an authentic Punjabi’s favorite recipe, that is served with achar or curd. Gobhi paratha is loaded full of ghee on top and it’s heavenly yummy. When Punjabi peoples make gobi paratha the cauliflower is not cooked, they just grate it and then remove excess water and then add spices.
Cauliflower Paratha is one that everyone likes. Cauliflower Paratha is very spicy and fun, it is very easy to make.
Amazing experience for me when I made it first time.
I learnt it from my Mumma she makes yummy gobhi parathas when I was making gobhi parathas that time it was a very amazing experience for me.
I like very spices paratha that’s why I have added many spices from this gobhi paratha recipe.
People in India like to eat stuffed parathas whether it is of cauliflower or of potatoes. Punjabi people like to eat paratha and tea in their breakfast, there is a lot of ghee on the paratha which increases the elegance of this paratha even more.
Try to knead the very soft dough for making fluffy Gobi Paratha!
Yes, for making all parathas, it is very important that you knead the soft dough as the soft dough is best for making parathas. Kneading the soft dough makes the paratha very fluffy and soft. , Everybody likes it.
The paratha should be such that its top surface is easily broken and the spice can be seen inside. If your parathas become bloated then everyone will like them even more. |
Cauliflower Parathas can be served with pickle, curd, chutney, tea with anyone. I like these parathas with boondi ka raita or with mango pickle and tea. Check out the instant green chili pickle to serve with this paratha.
For this paratha, I just grated the cauliflower and grated it by hand grater and after that, I have added some salt to release the water, and remove the excess water and then add, red chilli powder, green chilli, grated ginger and some basic spices. Don’t add too much salt because we have also added salt in the dough.
Here is the easiest recipe.
Gobi Paratha Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1-2 Green chili (Chopped)
- Coriander leaves (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Amchoor powder / Dry mango powder
For kneading the Dough
- In a bowl add 2 cups whole wheat flour and add some salt and knead a soft dough by adding the required water. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
For making cauliflower stuffing
- Wash the cauliflower and grate it.
- Add some salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the access water from the cauliflower and shift it to a bowl.
- Now add chopped green chili, coriander leaves, grated ginger, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, Carom Seeds and mix all together well.
- Make equal size balls from the dough and roll it little and add some gobi masala and roll it like a paratha. On a hot Tawa, roast the paratha with some clarified butter and from both sides until becoming golden brown.
If you loved this recipe? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee_ I’d love to see what you cook!