Hello People, Namastey! Today I am gonna tell you the recipe for my favorite dish from Gujarat. Hope you guess it already, So today I am sharing the recipe of “Dhokla”.
What is Khaman Dhokla?
Khaman dhokla is a most popular dish of Gajarat. It is made with gram flour and some basic things. This is very easy to make and the taste of dhokla is heavenly.
Basically, the traditional dhokla is made with soaked rice and lentil. But most people make it instant with gram flour. It is perfect for snacks and breakfast. I can eat Dhokls anytime, my whole family loves it.
You may also like Instant Green Chili pickle to enjoy your lunch and dinner. Here is the Instant Green Chilli Pickle Recipe.
When we used to party in the office, everyone said that Dhokla would definitely be eaten. It is a very good dish as a snack that is made without oil and is tasty. Most people in Gujarat prefer to eat this in their breakfast and snack.
Serve it Chilled:
I like to eat this at snack time, and it tastes even better if it is cold. It does not take much time to make Khaman dhokla, and it is made with some basic items of the house itself.
Whenever there is a kitty party or a party, Dhokla is offered as a starter, which people like very much. You can also pack dhokla for your picnic.
It takes a maximum of 1 or 1:30 hours to make it and it is made quickly.
Make it colorful for Kids:
You can make colorful and of any shape of dhokla for your children. If your children do not eat it, you can make them colorful and in different shapes. For this, you can use beetroot or spinach paste or you can also use food color in it. You can also make it in an idli stand and easily feed it to your children.
Here is the recipe!
Ingredients For Dhokla
- 2 Cups Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Sachet ENO fruit salt
Ingredients For Sugar Syrup
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4th tsp Asafetida
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Take a large bowl and add 2 Cups of Gram Flour and add 2 tbsp semolina, salt to taste, powdered sugar, turmeric powder, grated ginger, green chilies, and 2 tbsp cooking oil, add 1 cup water and mix all together.
- Now add one more cup of water and make a lump-free batter. Batter consistency should be normal.
- Cover it and Rest it for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add ENO fruit salt and greased some oil in a cake mold and instantly shift it.
- In a pan or a Kadai add 2-3 glasses of water and place a cooker stand in it, cover it, and steam for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Place the mold in Kadai and Steam it for 30-35 minutes on a low flame.
- After 35 minutes check it with a wooden screwer or a knife if it's not cooked properly then steam it for more than 5-10 minutes.
- After the Dhokla has cooled cut into square pieces.
For Sugar Syrup:
- In a pan heat some oil and add mustard seeds, asafetida, curry leaves, and saute for a minute.
- Add 1 cup water, sugar, salt to taste and 1 lime juice and boil it.
- After the syrup has cool. Pour Some Syrup on Dhokla.
- When you will serve it pour some syrup on top and Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee_ I’d love to see what you cook!