Dal palak is a healthy and nutritious recipe made with spinach and Pigeon Pea lentils. It is the most healthy recipe that I have ever made because we all know that spinach is very healthy for our body.
Make Dal Palak in a different way for kids:
You can make it in a different way to feed this Dal Palak to your kids. You just blend the spinach and make a spinach puree and add the puree into dal. It will look so greeny so your kids will love to eat it easily.
Also, Make it without onion and Garlic:
You can make this recipe without onion or garlic, which looks very tasty. In fact, Arhar dal is used in Dal Palak, but you can use any pulse in Dal Palak. You can use your favorite lentils to make it whatever you like.
Dal spinach is a recipe that is very easy to make and spinach is available for 12 months, so you can make this recipe anytime.
Serve it with any type of Indian Bread or Rice:
Most people like to eat chapatti or rice with it but Lachta Paratha and Rumali Roti are also very good with it. This recipe is very easy, I have used only basic ingredients, which are always available in your house.
You will also like Dhaba style Tadka Dal hope you love it. Checkout the Dhaba style Tadka dal recipe.
For this recipe, You just have to soak the pigeon pea lentils for at least 20-30 minutes and then add some water and salt to taste and pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles.
Meanwhile chopped the spinach and boil for 5-10 minutes. And then heat some ghee in a pan and add some cumin seeds, asafetida, and chopped onions and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
Then add some chopped tomatoes and cook them until become soft and then add some spices. Add spinach and Boiled Dal together and cook for 4-5 minutes.
You can also make it in an easy way that is, just add lentils and chopped spinach together and pressure cook it for3-4 whistles, and then saute it with ghee and some spices.
Make a special Tadka when you will serve it:
When you will serve it make a special tadka, for the tadka heat some clarified butter in a pan and add dry red chilies and some red chili powder, and pour it on top of Dal.
Serve Dal Palak with chapati or any type of Indian bread or rice and ENJOY!
Dal Palak Recipe
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Cup Tuar Daal
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tomato (Chopped)
- 2 Green chili (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/4th tbsp. Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- First, wash Spinach well and finely chopped it.In a pan add some water and salt and boil the spinach for 4-5 minutes.
- Soak some Tuar daal for 30-35 minutes and wash it.
- Now transfer daal to the cooker and cook it on 2-3 whistle.
- In a kadhai or a pan, heat some oil or ghee and add cumin seeds, hing ( asafoetida), and add chopped onion and cook it until becomes Pinkish. Now add tomatoes and cook it until it becomes soft.
- Add salt to taste, red chili powder, coriander powder, and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled daal and mix all together.
- Add boiled spinach and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala Powder, chopped coriander leaves, and turn of the gas.
- Let's make a tadka for this.
- In a pan heat some ghee and add chopped garlic, Kashmiri red chili powder, and mix it.
- When you serve Daal Palak add some tadka on top.
- Daal Palak is ready, serve it hot with rice, Chapati's, paratha, or with any Indian bread.