About Aloo Pakora:
Aloo pakora is a favorite snack of Indian people that they like with tea and green chutney. Trust me, it tastes heavenly. Have you tried aloo pakora?
In monsoon or winters, I make it in my breakfast my whole family love to eat this.
In Mumbai, many street vendors are selling aloo pakoras with Bun/ Indian bread and serve it with green coriander chutney and tea that is called “Mumbai ka Vada Pav”. That vada is Aloo pakora and it’s very easy to make you can make aloo pakora anytime.
You know that “Potato is a king” potato is a versatile ingredient with this we can make many different and easy recipes to complete our hunger.
In Mumbai, fried green chilies are also available with this pakora. If you want the recipe that is here Mirchi Pakora, you will definitely like this recipe. You can also fry green chilies without spice by simply dipping them in the gram flour mixture.
Must Try once:
The recipe looks easy? So try it now and enjoy it with evening tea or morning tea and do not forget to tell me how you liked the recipe.
In Mumbai, people called it Aloo Bonda or Batata Vada basically it’s a north Indian snack. We can make it in 2 ways like one is with only gram flour and 2nd is with some gram flour and some rice flour.
Many ways to make Aloo Pakora:
There are 2 other ways to make it. Some people just make boiled potatoes by mashing them and adding more spices. And then dipping them in a gram flour mixture and frying them in oil. Actually, the method I am telling you about is very easy and can be made anytime.
For this recipe, you need to boil potatoes then peel them and mash them. Add some chopped onions, green chilies and some spices mix all together and then make small balls from the potato mixture. Dip it in a gram flour mixture and fry them in oil until golden brown.
- 4 Boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Green chilies (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped green coriander
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Dry mango powder amchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and add chopped onions, salt to taste, red chili powder, chopped green chili, grated ginger, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, chopped coriander leaves, and mix all together well.Make small flat balls from the mixture and keep them aside.
- In a bowl add some gram flour, salt, and some water, make a normal consistency mixture.
- In a pan or kadhai heat some oil on a normal flame and dip the balls into the mixture and fry them until becomes golden brown.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to Veg Foodiee so you’ll never miss a recipe! Follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more such yummy recipes.
When you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo with the hashtag #veg_foodiee_
I’d love to see what you cook!